Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Attention querying children's and YA authors!


Gemma Cooper, literary agent extraordinaire and all-around awesome gal, has just moved over to the The Bent Agency! CONGRATS GEMMA!!!


Gemma's profile, from The Bent Agency's website:

Before joining The Bent Agency, I worked as a literary agent at Bright Literary Agency, representing a wide range of authors and author/illustrators, from picture books to YA. I love being an agent as I get to be the first fan of an unpublished book and then champion this book - nothing beats being able to talk up your passions to other book fanatics.

Originally from London, I started my publishing career while living in NYC for three years. I have since moved back to the UK, and I work with UK and US authors.

My client list is typified by character lead stories, with voice being the biggest thing I look for. I love younger fiction, and have a soft spot for funny books aimed at 7+ with series potential. With Middle Grade fiction, I'd love to see a good mystery, but really any MG with strong voice will get my attention whatever the subject matter. For YA, I'm a sucker for boy POV. Author/illustrators writing MG or chapter books would get my immediate attention!

There you have it, folks. I know there were quite a few YA and MG entries in the Christmas in July blog contest Ruth and I hosted this summer, so if you haven't already you'll want to be checking out The Bent Agency's website for submission guidelines. Gemma is seriously awesome, yo. You'd be lucky to have her.





1 comment: