Monday, October 8, 2012

Things That Are Awesome





-Everything that comes out of my son’s mouth. This toddler seriously cracks me up, when he isn’t making my heart all melty. This week there were these gems:
         -In line at the grocery store: ‘Hey everybody, I keep tooting!”
         -At the drive-thru ATM at the bank: ‘We’re at the big piggy bank!’
         -At bedtime: ‘Momma, you’re all I need’.
         -After I give him the fifth kiss at bedtime: ‘Okay, that’s enough kisses now.’

-My friend Shannon Mancuso, who also happens to be a talented photographer. I realize Shannon is not a ‘thing’, but she gets on this list for putting up with my MAJOR pickiness during our two author photo shoots (my hair looked stupid the first time :D ).

-The book Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty. I realize this book came out in 2001 so I’m way behind on the times by saying this, but it is seriously, seriously AWESOME! When I was halfway through the book I ordered the other 4 books in the series online. I’m so depressed they’re not available at my local Chapters and that shipping is about 2 weeks. It’s cruel and unfair.

-The TV show Awkward. When I finished Sloppy Seconds, blog-follower Rachel recommended that if I liked that book, I should watch Awkward. I just started watching it last night and am almost finished the entire first season. It. Is. Awesome. So freaking funny and witty and engaging. Love it! (Rachel—the dead Stacey episode? GAH! SO FUNNY!)

-Fall season (or shall I say Pumpkin Spice Latte season). Everything about it.

-Thanksgiving dinners not cooked by me (because I have to go to work for night shift--the only good thing about working night shift on Thanksgiving, actually). 

-Lots more things





19 comments:

  1. I love the lines from your son. Toooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. It's like Thanksgiving early. :)

    I'm assuming the picture in your header is a product of the photoshoot(s) with Shannon Mancuso--it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is a Shannon picture. She's awesome :)

      Delete
  3. Awww, I love Ben!!! He's so sweet and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, your son is such a little poppet!

    Love the new picture on your header. You look very authorly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh we should make this into a weekly thing, Michelle! Your son sounds ADORABLE. :) I am so glad you love AWKWARD and SLOPPY FIRSTS. And omg I am just crying/laughing thinking of that episode!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea, Rachel! And thanks again for the awesome recs!

      Delete
  6. Thanksgiving is my favorite! I remember reading Sloppy Firsts sophmore year in high school... it was making the rounds with all of my friends as well. great series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could read it for the first time all over again!

      Delete
  7. love it! toddlers do say the darndest things. can't say EVERYTHING out of my son's mouth has been a fave lately (he's going through a rough patch, what with the moving to russia, mama going back to work, and just being two), but when he comes up to me and hugs me and says "i love you," well, yeah, that's pretty awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RUSSIA?!?! Wow, that is HUGE! Congrats, and hope all goes well!

      Delete
  8. those are great! especially the little guy! mine used to cack me up all the time, now it's gross...teens can be fun too, tho!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this pic of your little guy! AND since I absolutely loved A MONSTER CALLS, I will have to check out your other book rec since you have good book taste!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, he's adorable! I'll have to check out Sloppy Seconds!

    ReplyDelete