Thursday, November 22, 2012

Things That Are Awesome


-Still NaNoWriMo. Sure, it’s kicking my ass big time and I sort of hate it. But then I look at my word count (words I don’t even think suck!) and I know I wouldn’t have gotten nearly as far without the good kick in the pants that NaNo’s given me.

-Katy Perry’s documentary, Part of Me. I never ever would have considered watching it except that two people I trust said they’d watched and loved it. It was fascinating and strangely touching. I’m a bigger fan now than even before. (Fun fact: Katy Perry’s Last Friday Night inspired a party scene in HEXED!)

-My son’s new bedroom (If I do say so myself!). Those damn stripes took 12 hours to accomplish so I think I earned some bragging rights.



-Cover news! Nothing I can share right now, but things are happening for the cover of HEXED. Exciting things that I can’t wait to show you guys!

-Awesome writing advice from an awesome author.

-The hilarious things that my adorably awesome two-year-old says:
         -At the DMV: ‘Excuse me, I was wonderin, is that yo pen?’
         -Before I flick his bedroom lights on in the morning: ‘Turn on the lights. I can’t see a fing!’
         -Running around naked. “Look at me! Look at me! I’m naked!’
         -In the bathroom at Starbucks, when a lady enters. ‘Do you need to take a poo?’ *face palm*
         -In the bathroom at Starbucks, when someone flushes a second time. ‘Two flushes! Momma, she flushed it again!’ * double face palm*

-Turkey and the giving of thanks! Happy Thanksgiving, my American friends :)






No comments:

Post a Comment